Windsor Learning Partnership
Windsor Learning Partnership is the Multi-Academy Trust for students in Windsor. We are a community of five collaborative academies where students are at the heart of everything we do. We drive outstanding outcomes for them, enhancing their learning opportunities and their social mobility.
Windsor Learning Partnership was founded in March 2015 through the coming together of The Windsor Boys’ School and Windsor Girls’ School in a Multi-Academy Trust. Dedworth Green First School and Dedworth Middle School joined our Trust in May 2016 and Clewer Green CE First School joined in April 2020. With the addition of a CE school WLP became a mixed MAT. The Rainbow Centre was opened in September 2021 on the Dedworth Campus and in October 2021 Oakfield First School joined the partnership. Our purpose and commitment is to provide an exceptional educational experience for all young people in the local community.
Windsor Learning Partnership (WLP) believes in:
- Students being at the heart of everything we do.
- Enhancing the learning opportunities and aspirations of all our students.
- Driving up standards of teaching and levels of student achievement, through dynamic leadership, innovative teaching and inspired learning for all.
- Taking an open and collaborative approach to building a successful community of schools in the local area.
For students this means:
- Helping them achieve their aspirational targets through excellent teaching and a stimulating, safe and inclusive environment.
- Providing them with an inspiring all-round educational experience that will give them better life chances, personal fulfilment, recognition and confidence.
- Guiding and supporting them on routes through to a successful career at all stages of life.
- Helping them develop the skills, interests and aptitudes to be a valued member of the wider community.
For academies, Headteachers, teachers, support staff, governors and the wider community this means:
- Building a collaborative and coherent approach to inclusive education in the Windsor area from ages 2 to 18.
- Strengthening the transition between the learning stages and school phases.
- Encouraging an approach of earned autonomy, enabling schools to share in the support and challenge of the collective Windsor Learning Partnership group combined with the freedom to develop their individual ethos suited to the needs of their school’s community.
- Providing outstanding professional development, leadership and career opportunities tailored to local needs.
- Ensuring the effective use of public money, seeking synergies and efficiencies across schools.
A unified management structure operates within the Trust. At MAT level there is a Board of Directors and a Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO is also a Director and is supported by a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and a Chief Operating Officer (COO).
At individual Academy level, each Headteacher works with a Local Governing Body and Senior Leadership Team. The Headteachers meet regularly as a group with the CEO and support the executive level. The aim of the leadership structure is to devolve responsibility and encourage involvement in decision making at all levels. There is a clear line of decision making which is supported by a detailed Scheme of Delegation.
The Trust Board has oversight of the Trust and the Chief Executive reports to the Chair of Trustees. The Executive Leadership Team currently includes:
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Head of The Windsor Boys’ School
- Co-Heads of Windsor Girls’ School
- Executive Head of Dedworth Middle School
- Head of Dedworth Green First School
- Head of Clewer Green CE First School
- Head of Oakfield First School
The Directors are responsible for setting general policy, adopting an annual plan and budget, monitoring each Academy and making major decisions about the direction of the Trust, capital expenditure and senior staff appointments. They are assisted in this at local level by the Local Governing Body for each Academy, and the forum of headteachers.
The Directors have delegated the day to day management of the Company to the Chief Executive Officer supported by Educational and Operational staff. The Chief Executive Officer is also the Accounting Officer for the Company.
Local accountability is delegated to each academy Headteacher supported by a Local Governing Body. The headteacher and governors of each school are responsible for standards, curriculum and teaching quality, as well as pastoral support and ethos within the school, encouraging each school to maintain its own expertise and develop its strengths.
Windsor Learning Partnership: a company limited by guarantee
Registered in England: Company Number: 9409109
Registered Office: Windsor Girls’ School,
Imperial Road, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 3RT
Tel: 01753 795155 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trustees Report And Financial Statements
The Trustees have delegated the day to day management of the Company to the Chief Executive Officer supported by Educational and Operational staff. The Chief Executive Officer is also the Accounting Officer for the Company. Local accountability is delegated to each academy Headteacher supported by a Local Governing Body.
The Trustees are responsible for setting general policy, adopting an annual plan and budget, monitoring the Academy by the use of budgets and making major decisions about the direction of the Trust, capital expenditure and senor staff appointments. They are assisted in this at local level by the Local Governing Body for each Academy.